Past Life Regression FAQs


What Is Past Life Regression?

Looking at past lives through memories that reside in your subconscious mind.  PLR is a very useful therapeutic tool for helping people break habits, overcome fears and phobias, change negative mental programming, etc.  PLR is also a popular tool for self-exploration and spiritual development.  And trying to figure out how you ended up with this strange person staring at you over the breakfast table every day.  It can be very helpful – even if you do find out that you really weren’t actually Henry the 8th.

Do You Really Go Back In Time?

No.  It may seem like it, but PLR is not time travel.  In PLR, you remain firmly rooted in the present, while recalling your lives in the past.  PLR therapy requires that you accept – or at least be open-minded to – the possibility that you have lived lives before this.  If you can’t let go of standard western scientific and religious dogma that the here-and-now is the only chance you have at life, you probably won’t be successful with PLR.

Is It Possible To See Future Lives?

Yes.  You may see lives that haven’t happened yet.  How is that possible?  No one really knows, but it does sometimes happen.

Will PLR Work For Me?

Yes.  If you want it to and are open to the process.  PLR isn’t something that a hypnotist makes you do.  It is an exploration that you do with the guidance and help of a hypnotist.

PLR is more challenging than standard hypnosis, because in order to recover past life memories, it’s necessary to achieve a trance (focused) state deeper than in standard hypnosis.  It may take a little work, but most people are successful.  And the good news is that hypnosis is a skill that can be developed, and the more you do it, the easier it will be.  Be patient and non-judgmental  and you will succeed.

Can I be hypnotized?

If you suffer from certain mental, psychological or developmental illnesses, attention deficit disorders or heavy drug or alcohol use, you may not be hypnotizable.  Otherwise, everyone who wants to be hypnotized can be.  Of those, about 25% are very easily hypnotized.  The remaining 75% – the majority of the population – may have a little difficulty, but are hypnotizable.

Remember that you can never be hypnotized if you don’t want to be.  And you can never be hypnotized into doing anything you don’t want to do.  You’re always in control.[/spolier]

How Do I Know If What I’m Seeing Is Real Or If I’m Just Making It Up?

This is probably the most common question I get.  My answer is always the same – if you are making it up, you will know you are, when you feel very deep emotions towards the memories emerging , when you can speak another language or even remember and describe a talent you don’t have in this life, these are all indicators that you may indeed have experienced them in another lifetime.  Your therapist can explain how your mind works, and what to expect.

What If I Don’t Like The Lifetime I See?

You can choose to be completely immersed in a life you are viewing or to remain detached.  Your therapist will help you deal with anything that may be uncomfortable for you in as empathic a manner as possible.  And you are always in charge and can move on to another life or end the session anytime you want.

You may see yourself doing things or even being a certain type of person you would never do or be now.  But don’t judge yourself because of who you were.  With each lifetime we learn and evolve from the past so the you today is more evolved than any you in the past.

Will My Session Be Recorded?

That’s up to you and your therapist.  But most people do record their sessions in order to fully remember what they experienced.  Also, in the days, weeks and months after your PLR session, memories may continue to come back to you, and listening to the recording can be helpful in putting those memories into context.

Should I Go To A Hypnotist Who Is Specially Trained In PLR?

In one word – YES!  Even though PLR is safe, it is more complicated than other types of therapy, and has a strong spiritual aspect to it so a hypnotherapist who understands spiritual matters would be a lot better suited to working with you.

What Results Can I Expect?

You can expect an interesting and maybe even life-changing experience.  But keep in mind that any hypnotist or therapist who says he or she can guarantee 100% success with 100% of the people, 100% of the time, is either delusional or just interested in separating you from your hard-earned cash.  There are some very skilled hypnotherapists, but the success of any type of hypnotherapy session – and especially PLR – is based not only on the skill of the therapist, but also on the client, and is affected by many things.



Tweet